Injections contain hormone. There are two types of monthly and three monthly. After it is conducted, the hormone is released slowly into the blood. It prevents the formation of the egg and also prevents sperm from reaching the uterus. It can be used for women who have never been pregnant before.
Injections can be obtained from pharmacies and health institutions (health centres, maternal and child health and family planning centres and hospitals). However, a doctor should be consulted before using contraceptive injections. Some operations, such as blood pressure and body weight measurement should be performed to decide whether the person is eligible. Therefore, before and while using injections, you should consult a health institution at specific intervals.
- Effective method in preventing pregnancy (99%)
- Very easy to use.
- Reduces pain and bleeding during period.
- Reduces premenstrual tension.
- By reducing the amount of bleeding units, helps prevent anaemia.
- Protects against ovarian and uterine cancer.
- Reduces benign breast cysts.
- Prevents outer pregnancy.
- Prevents inflammation in the uterus and tubes.
- After stopping, the fertility return may be delayed 6-9 months.
- First time users can gain 1-2 pounds.
- Fatness feeling in breasts but it disappears within the first 3 months.
- In some women blood pressure (hypertension) may increase. Therefore, blood pressure should be measured frequently.
- There are some drugs interactions.
- Monthly injections can cause circulatory disorders in women who smoke.
- Particularly three monthly injections can cause menstrual disorders. This can be as reduction in the amount of bleeding, intermediate bleeding, spotting or excessive bleeding. These irregularities generally resolve within 9-12 months.
HOW TO USE
The first day of the period (or within the first 5 days) injection is conducted from the arm or hip. Until you want to get pregnant, you can continue using injection without any break (even years). The next injection can be made within 7 days before the date of appointment. However, date should not exceed (even 1 day).
In some women, especially in the first 3 months of use, nausea, intermediate bleeding, spotting, weight gain and breast fatness can be seen. These symptoms completely disappear through the end of 3 months.
CONDITIONS TO BE CONSIDERED
- Those who have menstrual disorder (until determination of the cause of the disorder)
- Those with liver disorders (cirrhosis, jaundice, etc.)
- Those with high blood pressure
- Those with vascular occlusion and vascular diseases
- In particular, those who have nausea, vomiting and severe headaches should not use.